|Opportunity Name||Knowledge Frontiers: International Interdisciplinary Research Projects Programme|
|Agency||The British Academy|
|Value||Up to £300,000|
|Indirect Costs||Eligible at 25%|
|Application due to FSc RO at email@example.com for full review||10-18-2023|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at firstname.lastname@example.org for mandatory review||10-25-2023|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due at ORS for mandatory review||10-30-2023, by 9:00AM EST|
|Application due at agency||11-01-2023, by 5:00PM GMT|
- To develop new international interdisciplinary research in the humanities and social sciences.
- To support international collaborations between early career researchers in the UK and elsewhere on internationally focused research projects of an interdisciplinary nature involving the humanities AND social sciences.
There are no themes to this call. It is open to any research focus if it meets the international interdisciplinary focus. The Academy requires all applications to fundamentally involve and integrate both the humanities and the social sciences.
The Principal Investigator (PI) must be a researcher from the humanities and social sciences and be based at an eligible UK university or research institute, but the involvement of Co-Applicants based overseas is required. At least one Co-Applicant based outside of the UK must be an early career researcher. It is required that amongst the PI and Co-Applicant(s) there is a range of disciplines from the humanities and the social sciences.
Co-applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must include at least one early career researcher who is based internationally.
- Must be of postdoctoral or above status (or have equivalent research experience).
- Can include other researchers based in the UK or internationally at all career stages.
- No individual may be a Co-applicant on more than two projects under this call (nor may a PI be additionally a Co-applicant on more than one other project).
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.