|Opportunity Name||Transforming Health with Integrated Care (THINC) Implementation Science Team (IST) Grants|
|Agency||Canadian Institutes of Health Research|
|Value||Up to $2,000,000|
|Duration||Up to 5 years|
|Notify faculty and SIRI of intention to apply||09-01-2022|
|Submit full draft of application to SIRI for full review||11-07-2022|
|Application and fully signed ORS checklist due to FSc RO at email@example.com for mandatory review||11-22-2022|
|Final application and fully signed ORS checklist due to SIRI for mandatory review||11-28-2022|
|Application due at agency||11-29-2022|
The Transforming Health with Integrated Care (THINC) Implementation Science Team (IST) Grants funding opportunity focuses on improving our understanding of how to implement, evaluate, adapt, and/or spread/scale evidence-informed integrated care policies and interventions that encompass intersectoral collaborations within and/or beyond the formal health care delivery system in order to advance the Quadruple Aim and health equity (sometimes known as the Quintuple Aim).
This funding opportunity is expected to:
- Identify evidence-informed, actionable solutions: Generate actionable evidence on promising integrated care policies and/or delivery system interventions that can advance any/all of the Quadruple Aim goals and health equity.
- Advance the field of implementation science: Advance the evidence base on how to implement, evaluate, adapt, and spread evidence-informed, equitable integrated care policies and interventions across different health system and population contexts.
- Build capacity: Develop human (e.g., diverse and inclusive engagement of providers, patients, decision-makers, trainees, early career researchers) and organizational capacity (e.g., embedded research, rapid learning and improvement, organizational readiness) for actionable evidence on implementation, evaluation, and/or spread and scale of integrated care policies and interventions.
- Spark collaborations: Build strong interdisciplinary, multi-sectoral collaborations and partnerships among researchers, policy makers, decision makers, healthcare providers, patients, the public, and communities interested in advancing transformative integrated care.
- Foster knowledge mobilization and impact: Foster knowledge mobilization throughout the research process to inform the local adaptation, implementation and adoption of integrated care policies and interventions.
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be one of the following:
- an independent researcher affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution and/or its affiliated institutions
- an individual affiliated with an Indigenous non-governmental organization in Canada with a research and/or knowledge mobilization mandate
- an Indigenous non-governmental organization in Canada with a research and/or knowledge mobilization mandate
- The NPA (individual) must have their substantive role in Canada for the duration of the requested grant term.
- The Institution Paid must be authorized to administer CIHR funds before the funding can be released.
Two webinars will be held for more information on how to apply:
August 9 2022, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (Join live)
October 4 2022, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (Join live)
How to Apply
All researchers must notify both their Faculty Research Office and the Office of Research Services (see contact details below) as soon as possible about their intention to apply.
To signal your intent to apply and to book a one-on-one meeting, please contact Diana Frasca, Strategic and Institutional Research Initiatives Specialist, in the Office of Research Services, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to email@example.com, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.