|Award Name||Young Innovator Award|
|Electronic copy of complete nomination due to email@example.com||09-05-2022, by 12:00PM|
Nominations are to be made through Associate Deans Research. A maximum of two nominations may be submitted by each Faculty.
The Petro-Canada Young Innovator Awards (PCYIA) recognize, promote, and support outstanding and innovative emerging researchers whose work contributes significantly to the training environment of the university and has an impact on society at large.
- For this year’s award, all full-time faculty members who are no more than five years from having started their independent academic research career as of July 1, 2022 are eligible.
- For faculty members who have taken approved leaves for family, illness, etc., this eligibility window is extended by the same amount of time.
- This accommodation does not apply to sabbatical or other professional leaves.
- A research proposal that describes the nature of the research to be undertaken and its innovative nature, feasibility and potential for impact, activities that will be undertaken, how the funds will be use, the plan to leverage the funds for larger scale funding in the near future.
- The future funding opportunity should be named.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion (GBA+) should be addressed in the research design.
- Four pages max.
- A one-page biographical narrative that summarizes research accomplishments to date, including other awards and prizes, impact on training and teaching, the discipline and/or society.
- Please do not submit a standard CV.
- The nominee’s track record of research excellence.
- The potential impact of the proposed research.
- The strength of the nominee’s plan to leverage the award for future external research funding.
- Preference will be given for faculty who are conducting research in science, information technology, environmental studies, or business.
How to Apply
York University researchers are reminded that all applications for external research funding, including Letters of Intent, must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research Services before they are submitted to the granting agency. For internal approval, the application must be accompanied by a completed ORS Checklist, which requires the Dean’s signature. Please send the complete application, with the finalized budget and a completed ORS checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org, five days prior to agency deadline.
ORS is accepting electronic applications – the process is outlined here.