Flexible and Accessible Business and Management Education
Offering a business education that is unique in Canada, the School of Administrative Studies (SAS) at York University allows students to specialize in a variety of professional areas. Understanding the needs of busy and aspiring professionals, we provide opportunities to study while working; both full-time and part-time classes are offered based on a combination of day and evening schedules, as well as online learning.
Our distinctive programs cover a wide range of business and management areas:
We also offer a range of specialized certificate programs to support those working towards professional certification. Course curricula are designed to allow students to take courses while meeting requirements for professional designations such as Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Financial Planner, Certified Human Resources Professional, Certified Emergency Manager, and Business Continuity Planning.
The flexibility and specialization of our courses allows domestic and international students to obtain in-demand, business-related knowledge and skills from experts with years of high-level academic, teaching and professional experience. Our internationally recognized faculty also conduct innovative research in a broad range of business related fields.
We invite you to set out on your path to a successful future and join us at The School of Administrative Studies at York University.
CPA Tax Preparation Clinics 2015
- Training Session Material is now available for Download
- March 2015 Free CPA Tax preperation Clinics - Volunteers Wanted: Apply to work in a Clinic
- Interested in taking summer courses abroad? Information sessions are available now!
- York University Ad Day - November 6, 2014
Ad Day is a full-day conference dedicated to providing you all with an opportunity to learn first-hand about the world of advertising, as well as network with industry professionals. It is considered a packed one-day advertising “course”, with speaker sessions and interactive workshops. This year's sessions will be presented by Laurence Bernstein (Managing Partner, Protean Strategies), Sabrina Vieira (Senior Marketing Manager, PepsiCo), Adam Green (Vice-President, Arts & Science) and Bram Warshafsky (Partner, 5Crowd).
Ticket Sales Website: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/york-ad-day-tickets-13758681587
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1449746758607502/
Ad Day Website: http://www.adday.ca/
- Student Career Fair - The first job to launch your career - Free admission for students by registering online with the promotion code for New College : YUNCSCF
- March 18, 2014 - 1:30pm - Industry Insights Panel: Strategies for Getting Hired in Finance
- The School of Administrative Studies offers an Accounting Bridging Program targeted to college students graduating with a two-year accounting diploma from an accredited Ontario college. For more information click here or email us at email@example.com
- UPDATE: All School of Administrative Studies classes will resume as of 12:00 p.m. noon on Wednesday, March 11th
- March 3, 2015 - According to communication from Senate, all courses are suspended, including on-line sections. This includes ALL School of Administrative Studies courses.
- York U Summer Abroad Course Offering (Beijing, China) on Supply Chain Management
Learn More --- Deadline Feb 6
- Get Involved! Be a Classroom Reporter
Application Deadline: Friday Jan 16, 2015 -- Apply Now!
- Missed a final exam for an ADMS course?
To apply for deferred standing, please follow the steps by clicking here.
- NEW! School of Administrative Studies on-site Academic Advising: 282 Atkinson Building
Students currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Administrative Studies, Bachelor of Disaster & Emergency Management degree or a related professional business certificate program, can now secure an in-person academic advising appointment with the School of Administrative Studies, located at 282 Atkinson Building. Please click here to book an appointment. New appointment time slots are released bi-weekly via the online booking system. Do arrive on time for your appointment; all appointments are scheduled for a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
Students are not permitted to book multiple time slots within a period of two weeks.
Walk-in advising appointments for current BAS or BDEM students are available on Fridays between the hours of 10am - 2:30pm throughout the summer semesters (June - August) and between 10am - 3:30pm during the fall/winter semesters (September - May). Walk-in appointments are accommodated on a first come, first serve basis.
Students are required to come prepared with a completed degree checklist, alongside questions to be addressed during their appointment. Official degree requirements can be accessed via the following link: Academic Calendars
If you are experiencing any difficulty with the online booking system please call our office at 416-736-5210.
Note: these advising appointments are for students currently enrolled in BAS, BDEM or a related professional business certificate program. Non-BAS related appointments will be cancelled.
Beginning in Summer 2015, the School of Administrative Studies will offer ADMS 4335 and ADMS 4336 under the York U Summer Abroad program with the University of International Business and Economics (Beijing, China). Students can contact Professor Adriano Solis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Two Student Representatives Needed for SAS Tenure & Promotion Committee
The Tenure & Promotion (T&P) Committee of the School of Administrative Studies (SAS) invites full time students in the Bachelor of Administrative Studies (BAS) or Bachelor of Disaster & Emergency Management (BDEM) ordinary or specialized honours degree programs to consider serving as student representative on the Committee for the academic year 2014-2015.
The SAS T&P committee, which is composed of six SAS faculty members, reviews and adjudicates files for granting of tenure and/or promotion to Associate Professor or Full Professor of candidate SAS faculty members. A candidate’s file consists of three sections – corresponding to the areas of teaching, research, and service. The members of the T&P committee assess the candidate in each of the three areas. Evaluation of the file is done in accordance with the SAS T&P standards – or criteria for promotion to full professor – as approved by the York Senate. You will receive a copy of the standards/criteria should you decide to apply to serve as one of two student representatives. Committee members are given the files for review at least two weeks in advance of an adjudication meeting. During the meeting, the files are discussed and a vote is taken. Student representatives’ votes are counted alongside those of faculty members participating in the adjudication process. T&P deliberations are completely confidential, and are not open to persons who are not on the committee.
Should you be interested to serve as a student member of the SAS T&P committee, please submit an application letter and your latest résumé to Professor Adriano Solis, Chair of the SAS T&P Committee, by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Position Postings - Health Administration Area
- Fall Winter 2014/15 SAS Course Schedule
- Position Posting - Course Director: ADMS 4280 3.0 Social Marketing
- Summer 2014 SAS Course Schedule
- Canada's Next Top Ad Exec 2014 competition - BAS Students in the top 25
We are pleased to announce that out of 231 team or solo submissions to this years "Canada's Next Top Ad Exec" competition, from 38 campuses across Canada, the following BAS students placed in top 25 teams:
Team Amanda Lee and Matthew Sison
Team Christina Palliotta and Raheesa Nazarali
Jacky Lee (individual submission) will compete among the final 10 teams for the top prize! Good luck Jacky!