Please note that the School of Public Policy and Administration will close for the winter holidays on Tuesday December 23, 2014 and will reopen at 9:00am on Monday January 5, 2015. Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to seeing you in 2015!
The School of Public Policy and Administration offers a Bachelor of Public Administration, a Master of Public Policy, Administration and Law, and certificate and diploma programs. All of our programs are characterized by an emphasis on social justice, public ethics and good governance.
Public debate over ethical issues in public administration has made all levels of government and the not-for-profit sector increasingly aware of the importance of education and professional development in this area. Appealing to those already working in the field and younger students alike, the School of Public Policy and Administration equips students with the skills and expertise required to accelerate or begin a successful career in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Staffed by faculty with strong research records and many years combined experience in active public service, the School provides a sense of community for students who share a fascination with questions of governance, administration, public ethics and the law.
Book Launch: Retirement in Canada
Retirement in Canada (Oxford University Press), a new book by Political Science Professor Thomas R. Klassen, brings together the shifts in retirement already taking place and predictions for the years ahead.
A century ago, the average Canadian lifespan was 60 – today, people can expect to live 20 years longer than that. In addition, not only has the influence of the baby boom generation transformed society, so too will it transform the choices and challenges associated with retirement. Full Story | Watch the Video
- Ontario Internship Program Information Session
Date: Tuesday January 13, 2015
Location: 140 McLaughlin College
- SPPA Student Information Session
Date: Thursday February 5, 2015
Location: 152 Founders College
- SPPA Weekly Newsletter 2014 - Volume 2, Issue 48
- SPPA Annual Alumni and Student Recognition Awards Winners
- Public Administration jobs ranked highly in Canada's 100 Best Jobs
- Undergraduate Wait List Request Form - FW 14-15
- SPPA 2013/14 Mini-calendar
- The School of Public Policy & Administration celebrates its public service partners - YFile
- York University awarded a European Union Centre of Excellence
- SPPA Alumni and Student Recognition Awards - Nov 27, 2014
- SPPA Alumni and Student/Community Award winners +/-
- SPPA honours Helen Wong, receipt of the 2011 Student & Community Recognition Award
- SPPA honours its alumni Professor Peter Constantinou with the 2011 Alumni Recognition Award
- 2010 Alumni Recognition Award Recipient: Rocco Fasano
- Senior Ontario public servant receives SPPA 2009 Alumni Recognition Award: Derek Lett
- Senior Ontario public servant receives 2008 Alumni Recognition Award: Fausto Natarelli
- Master's Program :: MPPAL Brochure
- The Journal of Public Policy, Administration, and Law