Click here to visit the Biology Department site.
Includes: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology, Professional School Preparation
York’s Biomedical Science program provides a comprehensive curriculum that will prepare you for a career in research in the field of Biomedical Science, or for medicine and other health-related professions. Research and laboratory experience begins in first year and continues throughout your program. Biomedical Science includes courses focused on emerging areas of biomedicine including physiology, microbiology, immunology, endocrinology, molecular genetics, and development.
This four year Honours program also allows you the option to do a minor in another related discipline, such as Chemistry, Psychology, or Kinesiology & Health Science. Biomedical Science is suited to students preparing for medical school, planning to do research in a particular area of biomedicine, or who simply want to explore many branches of this diverse and dynamic field.
Typical First-Year Courses
- Computer Use
- General Education course
- Advanced Functions
- Physics (recommended)
- Biology Research – academic, government, industry
- Biomedical Research
- Industry – technical information, product information, sales
- Education – elementary, high school, college, university
- Professional Schools – Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary, Law, Business, etc
- Health Sciences – nurse, chiropodist, biomedical technician, genetic counsellor, diagnostic histologist,
- Postgraduate Studies/Academic Career