Click here to visit the Mathematics & Statistics site.
Offered as a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree
Courses in this BA program provide you with the necessary mathematical and statistical skills, techniques and confidence to succeed in a very demanding business world. Actuarial Science is a collection of courses spanning such areas as mathematical analysis, probability theory, statistics, actuarial science, finance, and economics. It has been specifically designed for students striving to attain the Associate designation of the Society of Actuaries. Examples of activities in which graduates of Actuarial Science may be involved are: project management, inventory control, forecasting, analysing data, investigating patterns and trends, creating mathematical models, evaluating pension funds, pricing life and non-life insurance contracts, assessing solvency criteria.
Typical First-Year Courses
- Problems, Conjectures and Proofs
- Computing for Math and Statistics
- General Education Course
- Advanced Functions
- Calculus & Vectors (recommended)
- Operations Research and Optimization
- Accountant/Financial Advisor/Financial Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Education – elementary, high school, college, university
- Post Graduate Studies/Academic Career