We want to recognize your academic success and provide a financial boost to those who need it. Not just a source of extra funds - scholarships, awards and bursaries are a great way to enhance your resume and university transcript, demonstrating your hard work and dedication to your studies.
We are pleased to offer additional awards, scholarships and bursaries to qualified international students in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS). To be eligible to apply, you will need to fill out a student financial profile. Some some awards may require an additional application.
The LA&PS International Student Entrance Scholarship will be automatically awarded to international students entering the Faculty with top academic standing of 90% or higher. Eligible candidates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) between 90% to 94.9% will receive $2,000; candidates with a GPA of 95% or higher will receive $3,000.
Note: There is no application required and this award is a one-time only at the point of admission.
International Undergraduate Leadership Scholarships
Are you a high school student that demonstrates leadership through community service or excellence in sports or the arts? This international student scholarship is available to students who have applied for an undergraduate program in the Faculty of LA&PS.
Fifty (50) of these scholarships are awarded each year, valued at $10,000 per year. The scholarship is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if you maintain high academic standing each year, which would bring the total funding to $40,000 over four years.
Note: Scholarship values are subject to change.
- Must be an international student who requires a permit to study in Canada.
- High school applicants only. No previous college or university experience allowed.
- You must first apply to study for an undergraduate LA&PS program starting Fall 2021.
- Excellent academic standing. "A" average grade required. Community service, art or sport achievement or other individual achievement required.
- Must be nominated by your high school (only one student per school can be nominated). Provide the name, position, e-mail and phone number of the person from your school who nominated you in the application form.
- Letter of recommendation required.
Note: You do not need an offer of admission to apply, only the 9-digit York reference number, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to York. The scholarship is not open to students applying for a Certificate Program.
Looking for more?
For a complete list of all scholarships, awards and bursaries available to LA&PS students use our award search tool and fill out your student financial profile.