Gospel Plays, Operas, and Late Dramatic Works. Volume 6. The Collected Works of Langston Hughes
This volume focuses on Hughes's plays after 1942, along with all of his other work written for performance, including operas, musicals, radio plays, ballet librettos, and song lyrics, all of which demonstrate his strong determination to inject an African American presence into a range of cultural forms.
Leslie Sanders is a Professor in York University’s Department of Humanities. She works in African American and Black Canadian literatures and cultures, and literatures of the African diaspora.
Other publications from this author include:
- "Celebrating Austin Clarke: The Man and the Body of His Work" in TOPIA: Canadian Journal of Cultural Studies, 42 (2021)
- "Introduction" in Chronicles: Early Works of Dionne Brand (2011)
- "Introduction" in Fierce Departures: The Poetry of Dionne Brand (2009)
- "Four Black Film Documentary Moments" in Multiple Lenses – Voices from the Diaspora located in Canada (2007)
- The Plays to 1942: Mulatto to The Sun Do Move, Volume 5. The Collected Works of Langston Hughes (2002)
- The Development of Black Theater in America: From Shadows to Selves (1989)