Heading South: A Novel
A steamy exploration of desire and sexual tourism by the author of How to Make Love to a Negro.
On the sun-drenched island of Haiti in the 1970s, under the shadow of "Baby Doc" Duvalier's notorious regime, locals eke out an existence as servants, bartenders and panderers to the white elite. Fanfan, Charlie, and Legba, aware of the draw of their adolescent, black bodies, seduce rich, middle-aged white tourists looking for respite from their colourless jobs and marriages.
Dany Laferrière is a Haitian Canadian journalist and novelist based in Montreal, Quebec.
Other publications from this author include:
- The Return (2011)
- Je suis un écrivain japonais (2009)
- The Enigma of the Return (2009)
- Le cri des oiseaux fous (2000)
- La chair du Maître (1997)
- Charme des après-midi sans fin (1997)
- Down among the Dead Men (1996)
- Chronique de la dérive douce (1994)
- Dining With the Dictator (1994)
- L'odeur du café (1993)
- Éroshima (1987)
- Comment faire l'amour avec un Nègre sans se fatiguer (1985)