History, Human Rights & Equity Studies, Politics
For the most current information regarding the CUPE 3903 labour disruption, please visit York’s labour disruption website. Students will be able to find information about the status of their courses on the Course Status website or via eClass.
We understand that you may have questions and concerns about how this evolving situation may impact you as a student. The University’s top priority is to continue supporting you and your learning. For information regarding campus access, resources and more, please consult our FAQs.
We are here to help you succeed! Do you have questions about your degree requirements, a specific course or the best way to get into a degree program? If you have any concerns about accessing the courses and services you need, we are here to help. Connect with your advisor in-person, virtually or via email. Contact your assigned advisor in the Meet your Academic Advisor section.
Advising with QLess
In-Person drop-in advising sessions are available by using QLESS
History and Human Rights & Equity Studies: 103 Central Square
Politics and Global Political Studies: South Ross 672
Hours of operation:
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
Virtual drop-in advising sessions are available by using QLESS.
You will receive a text message with your Zoom link when your advisor is ready to meet with you.
Hours of operation:
Monday and Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
How to use QLESS:
- Join our History, Human Rights & Equity Studies, Politics Academic Advising QLESS Kiosk OR download the QLESS app on your smartphone from Google Play or the iTunes App Store. (Open the app and select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies")
- Select the History, Human Rights & Equity Studies, Politics virtual or in-person queue.
- Click Join Now.
- Fill out your name and phone number.
- Add any notes for your advisor, including topics you’d like to discuss.
- Fill in a short form regarding your student information.
- You’ll receive a text message with the Zoom link or office location when your advisor is ready to meet with you!
The Virtual queue will close for the day once it reaches capacity.
Note: Each drop-in session is about 15-30 minutes. The last advising drop-in session for the day will begin a half hour before the indicated end time.
Starting January 29, booked appointments are available for Wednesdays and Fridays. To schedule an appointment, please submit your request through our LA&PS Academic Advising Contact Form. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive an email notification of your appointment details. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule.
Meet your Advisors
Please note that academic advisors are not able to assist with enrolling students into courses that are full or reserved. For course permission requests, please follow up directly with the department offering the course.
Student Success and Academic Advisor
Global Political Studies, Political Science
Meet with an Academic Advisor if:
- You are a transfer students. Transfer students should bring their statement of transfer credits to the appointment.
- You need special forms signed, such as Letters of Permission, Exchange Programs, etc.
- You are a current student with academic advising questions.
First-year students or others who do not yet have York University log-in accounts are invited to to connect with Prof. Jennifer Bonnell via email at email@example.com.
Current students looking for guidance and support as you make your way through your History degree? Schedule some time to ask your questions and receive advice from Prof. Jennifer Bonnell through our online platform. Simply enrol via eClass. Once enrolled, you will have access to the scheduling tool, and will be able to select an open slot in the timetable. Remember to log back into eClass on the date and time of your session!
Equity Studies Majors
Need to talk to someone about Equity Studies program requirements? Problems with specific courses? Need advice on the best way to get into a graduate program?
Email the Undergraduate Program Director Livy Visano at firstname.lastname@example.org.