Are you a LA&PS alum looking to help shape the leaders of tomorrow?
The Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies has established a new program to help advance Black and women students. The Advancing YU program pairs you with third- and fourth-year students preparing for graduation. Share your knowledge and expertise, gain new perspectives and make an impact on a student's trajectory.
1-2 mentorship hours
Review mentee reports
Attending celebration events
Frequently Asked Questions
- Discuss activities/clubs' students have previously been/currently involved in
- Discuss whether students are satisfied with their academic performance
- Discuss initiatives students are taking to achieve academic success
- Discuss whether students plan on completing further education or completing certifications (BHRM --> CHRP; Accounting --> CPA etc.)
- How to expand your network
- How to build strong connections
- Ask students how they have been involved in networking
- How to make your degree useful
- Graduate studies
- Applying for jobs
Looking for more ways to engage with LA&PS?
Consider attending events, financially supporting students or getting in touch with us to learn more!