Academic advisors provide information, guidance and support to help you achieve your academic goals. Meet with an advisor at least once every academic session to ensure you're on the right track. We can help you understand your degree requirements and academic record, direct you to campus resources, and more!
If you are a new student that has received an offer of admission but have not yet started your first term of classes, please visit our new students webpage to find the information you need for enrolment and next steps.
VIRTUAL Advising with QLess
Virtual drop-in advising via QLESS is available for ECON majors seeking academic advice. Advising is provided on a first come, first served basis. Each session is about 15 minutes.
If you are attempting to join our queue in QLess during our drop-in hours and notice that the queue is greyed out (or has disappeared), this means the queue is full to capacity.
Queueing with QLess is simple! This is how it works:
- Join our Virtual Kiosk OR download the QLESS app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or iTunes (Open the app and select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies")
- Join the Economics ONLY Virtual Call Back Advising line and indicate your preferred method of communication.
- To connect via Zoom: Please indicate your request for a Zoom meeting in the NOTES section.
- When it is your turn, you will receive a text from the QLess app letting you know that you have arrived at the front of the line
- An advisor will summon you from the line and connect with you via phone or Zoom.
**If you have requested a Zoom meeting, the advisor will send a Zoom link to the email address we have on file. Please allow a few minutes for the email once you have reached the front of the line; also check your spam/junk folder for the invitation.
The queue will close for the day once it reaches capacity.
Hours of operation:
Tuesday – Thursday: 10:00AM (ET) – 3:00PM (ET)
NOTE: QLESS is the fastest way to reach an ECON advisor.
- Counselling Services
- Student Accessibility Services
- Roadmap to Student Success
- PASS Program
- Student Numeracy Assistance Centre at Keele
- Writing Centre
- Registrarial Services
- My Online Services
- Apply To Graduate
Fall/Winter 2021 Enrolment
To help us identify which courses, sections and delivery formats students are unable to access, complete our LA&PS Course Demand Form.
Prepare for your advising session
Timelines are evolving as new information becomes available. For details of Fall/Winter 2021-22 sessional dates, please refer to the Registrar’s Office – Important Dates website.
For more information about the upcoming Fall/Winter 2021-2022 Academic Session and York’s path forward for the upcoming academic year, visit the YU Better Together FAQ webpage.
Degree Progress Report
Use the degree progress report to get the info you need about your grades, course progress, ordering transcripts and more.
This is your place to explore job postings, develop your career plan, find out about networking events and access job search resources, such as resumé writing and interviewing skills.
Central Advising in LA&PS
The Faculty of LA&PS Advising Team is available to help students who wish to change their degree or are unofficially following a degree path that is not offered within this department.