We are here to help you succeed! Do you have questions about your degree requirements, a specific course or the best way to get into a degree program? If you have any concerns about accessing the courses and services you need, we are here to help. Connect with your advisor through in-person or virtual drop-ins, booking an appointment, or by email. Contact your assigned advisor in the Meet your Academic Advisor section.
Are you a new student? New students have received an offer of admission but have not begun their first term of classes. Please visit our new students webpage to find the information you need for enrolment and next steps.
Benefits of an Advising Appointment
Guidance when selecting the degree option that is right for you.
Help with course selection so you meet all your program requirements.
Advisors are aware of all the latest program regulations - which change often!
Help minimizing red tape; we promise not to pass you off to another office.
Chance for you to share feedback on courses and program structure.
Personal support and resources for accommodation for those who need it.
Advising with QLess
In-Person drop-in advising sessions are available in 103 Central Square by using QLESS (or check in at the 103 Central Square front desk):
Tuesday, Wednesday: 9:30 - 11:45 a.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 - 11:45 a m. and 2:00 - 3:15 p.m.
Virtual Drop-in advising sessions are available by using QLESS:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 9:30 - 11:45 a.m. and 2:00 - 3:45 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 - 11:45 a.m. and 2:00 - 3:15 p.m.
How to use QLESS:
- Join our Languages, Linguistics, Humanities, GWST, SXST, ANTH, Undeclared Advising QLESS Kiosk OR download the QLESS app on your smartphone from Google Play or the iTunes App Store. (Open the app and select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies")
- Select the Languages, Linguistics, Humanities, GWST, SXST, ANTH, Undeclared Advising QLESS Kiosk.
- Click Join Now.
- Fill out your name and phone number.
- Add any notes for your advisor, including topics you’d like to discuss.
- Fill in a short form regarding your student information and select Zoom, Phone or In-person.
- You’ll receive a text message with either the Zoom link or office location when your advisor is ready to meet with you! If you select a phone meeting, the advisor will call you at the number you provided.
Each drop-in session is about 15-30 minutes, first-come, first-served. The QLESS queue will close for the day once it reaches capacity.
Meet your Academic Advisor
Contact your assigned academic advisor, who will work with you as you pursue your goals, answer your academic advising questions, connect you with university resources, and more.
Student Success & Academic Advisor
Please note that booked appointments will not be available September 8 to 22, 2023. Please use drop-in advising during that time.
Students requiring program-specific support should send a request for an appointment to email@example.com. A staff member will respond to arrange a virtual appointment time.
Frequently Asked Questions
In partnership with students, staff and faculty, Student Accessibility Services enables an accessible campus learning environment where students with disabilities have an equitable opportunity to flourish.