The Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies (LA&PS) encourages, promotes, and co-ordinates a wide range of academic international initiatives through the development of strategies, policies, guidelines and programs that reflect York University's institutional commitment to internationalization.
We are conscious of ethical and moral dilemmas in recruitment and have introduced funded initiatives for incoming students, faculty and students to enhance and broaden the global experiences of all students, domestic and international. LA&PS promotes diversity, equity, social responsibility and citizenship and has a dedicated office for international initiatives.
This office also liaises with York International and supports LA&PS departments and schools with their internationalization projects.
- York faculty member honoured with the title of 'Invited Professor' by University of Havana
- York delegation in Beijing and Hong Kong to strengthen international programs, recruitment
- Read about the LA&PS International first-year Student Welcome Reception
- Read all about the International Students Spring Social
- Professor's best advice to students: to embrace globalization
- scholarships for international students with high academic grades, outstanding leadership and demonstrated financial need
- financial support for our students to study or participate in field courses abroad as part of their academic programs
- conference travel to countries outside of North America for faculty to disseminate their research
- seed grants for faculty international collaboration
- building bridges with our local communities and alumni to jointly organize programs of mutual interest; engage dialogue on global issues
- globalizing our curricula and providing ongoing academic support for international students